Five simple tips to manage work emails at home


Smartphones are so helpful, right? But there is one thing that I struggle with and I'm sure I'm not alone - work emails. Five simple tips to manage work emails at home for a more simple life

  1. Turn off those pesky notifications. period. Do you absolutely need to know when you get an email? Will anyone die if you don't read their email for an hour? (if the answer is yes, my advice will most likely not help you). 
  2. Turn on manual download. Just because your phone can automatically download all those important emails for you doesn't mean it should. You're in control! So you need to tell the phone to check for email. Added bonus - you'll save battery life also. 
  3. Nights, just stop checking it. If you're really needed they will call you. If you have the stress I do, it just takes one email from that special person or team that pumps your heart rate way up.
  4. Vacations, let's face it, who can really disconnect for an entire week? Not me. But I can limit checking my phone for that critical email to at least once per day.
  5. Lastly, if you are a manager, do not send emails outside of business hours. If you write one, schedule it to be sent in the morning. You do not want people to start having to deal with work, or worse yet start considering your off time as accessible to them. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment